Translate

GALLERIA GK

FINE ART PRINTS www.photoartbygk.com
When you are ready we'll deliver a museum-quality masterpiece right to your door - worldwide.


Commercial Licensing / Websites

Commercial Licensing
Website Galleria GK: gerlinde-keating.pixels.com

Contact: gkeating@photoartbygk.com




Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Photography - Composition

Welcome to my first post!

I have to talk about this. I have seen so many pictures which could have been more beautiful and impressive if the photographer would have adhered to two basic rules for composition.

Rule # 1; Never or I should say most of the time (there are sometimes exceptions) place the horizon in the middle of the photo. Keep the horizon in the upper third or lower third of the picture. Go ahead and try it. Take a photo you have and cover part of the top or bottom with a paper. You will be amazed about the effect.

Rule # 2: Composition: - try to de-clutter - focus on the main subject. If you take photos of people make sure that nothing "seems to grow out of their heads such as a limb of a tree, a balloon at a party, etc."

Now I am changing subjects. Here is one of my digital paintings I recently finished.

"CHI'
Copyright Gerlinde Keating. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment